Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative
As the world moves to a net zero carbon future, we are committed to playing our part in addressing climate change, both as a business and as stewards of our clients’ assets. HSBC Asset Management is proud be part of this important initiative and contribute to an industry-wide push to achieve net zero emissions by 2050.
Climate change is one of the most urgent issues facing us today. To accelerate our commitment in responsible investing and push forward the transition to a low-carbon economy, we joined the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative in July 2021. As one of the 128 signatories managing $43 trillion assets in total, we will work towards the target of net zero emissions across all assets under management (AUM) by 2050 or sooner.
Already signed by
Commited to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions by
- An international group of asset managers committed to supporting the goal of net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 or sooner, in line with global efforts to limit warming to 1.5°C
- 6 founding network partners: Asia Investor Group on Climate Change (AIGCC), CDP, Ceres, Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC), Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC) and Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- work in partnership with our clients on decarbonisation goals, consistent with an ambition to reach net zero emissions by 2050 or sooner across all our assets under management (‘AUM’)
- set an interim target for the proportion of assets to be managed in line with the attainment of net zero emissions by 2050 or sooner
- review our interim target at least every five years, with a view to ratcheting up the proportion of AUM covered until 100% of assets are included
- Play our part in addressing climate change, both as a business and as stewards of our clients’ assets
- Further accelerate our focus on climate solutions that support the net zero transition
- Help raise greater awareness through associating this initiative with our brand name
The signature of the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative, together with the recent creation of the Sustainability Office is a solid proof of our ambition to become a leader in sustainable investing. We will continue to dedicate resources in the development of climate solutions and our expertise in this important area, while embedding a sustainability culture across all parts of our businesses.
Source: HSBC Asset Management, Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative as of 9 July 2021